What is Pupil Premium?
The government has allocated money to schools to help children from lower income families achieve to the best of their abilities. This funding is called the Pupil Premium Grant or PPG.
If you qualify, your child or children can receive free school meals and reduced costs towards some after school activities e.g. sports clubs. If you are registered for Pupil Premium, you will also get help with the cost of school trips and residential trips and workshops. You can also request financial help with the cost of your child's school uniform.
This funding should not be confused with Univerdal Free School Meals which is available to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Pupil Premium is an entitlement that continues throughout your child's school life to support their learning.
Are you Eligible?
You can register your child for Pupil Premium Grant funding if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
This funding is a fantastic way for your child or children to receive extra support. If you have any queries, please come in and speak to a member of the office team, Mrs Lang or Mrs Powell. We are happy to support you through the application process and we will do so in the strictest confidence.
The following children are also eligible to receive PPG:
- Looked After Children (Children in Care)
- Children who have left Local Authority care because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
- Children of Armed Services personnel
Please contact us if you think your child or children may be eligible.
Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact Statement
Here is a copy of our current Pupil Premium Strategy and the previous Impact Statement covering the academic years 2022 to 2025: