Our School's Ethos
What do we really mean by school ethos? Ethos is a term with Greek origins, and it refers to the morals, values and beliefs of a person, or even an entire culture. When a school has common goals and values, you can feel it the moment that you walk through the gates.
Meath Green Infant School is a welcoming, friendly and inclusive community school. Our aim is to give each child the best possible start to their school life by providing a warm and nurturing family environment.
We work hard to acknowledge each child’s strengths and to provide a curriculum that meets their needs. We aim to be inclusive in our practice and celebrate diversity within our school community. Children are nurtured and helped to grow and develop personally and socially, as well as academically.
We believe that education is a partnership between home and school; children make the greatest progress when the two work together. We value the support that you can give at home, and welcome and encourage your help in school. Positive relationships, mutual understanding and trust will help your child to thrive at school.
We will always aim to:
- Create a warm, welcoming and secure environment for everyone.
- Offer a creative and adventurous curriculum.
- Provide enriching experiences.
- Provide high quality, inspirational teaching and learning.
- Model and expect high standards of behaviour.
- Make sure that every child's contribution is encouraged, valued and celebrated.
- Build genuine, collaborative partnerships with families and the local community.
We look forward to welcoming you into our school community.