What is a Parent Forum?
- Regular open communication
- Represents the views of parents to establish a real partnership
- A ‘voice’ to inform the school of the needs of children and parents
What it is not
- Not to address specific concerns about an individual child or about a member of staff
- Not part of the PTA
Why have a Parent Forum?
- Parental involvement has a significant impact on pupil achievement
- Most parents believe that the responsibility for their child’s education is shared between parents and the school
- Many parents want to be involved in their child’s education
- Items addressed by the Head
- Items addressed by Parents
- Minutes to be taken by parents
- Meet each term
- Each meeting to have a particular focus